Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mousekeeping Tips

Alright, I'm going to be upfront and honest here.  I NEVER tip housekeeping in a hotel, ever.  And it's not because I don't want to, it's because it honestly never crosses my mind.  The only time I ever think to do it is is Disney because there is just something special about the housekeepers Mousekeepers that clean up your rooms, leave little towel animals on your beds, and turn down your blankets at night and leave chocolate on your pillow (seriously, this does happen at the Grand Floridian!).

As I was searching around on Pinterest looking for tips and such to plan our trip, I saw that people were getting pretty creative with how they presented their tips to their Mousekeepers, so I decided to make my own version!

I had a Disney font saved from L's 1st Birthday, so that got me started on these little tags.  I used red cardstock and the font to type a message and then put a little Mickey head below.  The tags measure 2"x3", roughly.
Since we have general housekeeping during the day and turndown service at night, I made two different cards.  Then, I trimmed the upper corners to make the cards look like a tag.
I punched a hole in the center...
Tied a cute black ribbon with white polka dots...
And then put a yellow paper clip on the side.  That's how we'll attach the tip to the card.
Easy peasy!  Is it necessary to do this....not at all.  But, Pinterest puts bad over-the-top ideas in my head and I just can't help myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment