Monday, February 11, 2013

Strawberry Oreo Valentine Cookies

First, a disclaimer to all the parents in L's preschool class...I apologize in advance if your kiddo comes home on a sugar high tomorrow. I couldn't resist. I did it. And boy are they yummy (you didn't think I didn't have to check and make sure they were edible, did you?!?). From the minute I saw these on Pinterest, I've been craving them. And, despite not feeling 100% today, they were so easy to make and required minimal thinking.
 
First, I gathered my ingredients (missing is vanilla)
Then mixed the strawberry cake mix, shortening, and eggs in a bowl until it made a stiff dough.
Then I took little bits of dough and rolled them into semi-equal sized balls.
After 10 minutes at 350 degrees, this is what they looked like.  I transferred them to a cooling rack for an hour or so to cool.
Then, I mixed the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla to make a yummy frosting/filling.
I spread the frosting on the bottom of one cookie...
And then put another cookie on top to make a sandwich.  Note- these do not taste like Oreos in any way, shape, or form.  The cookie part is actually soft, unlike the oreo who has a more stiff exterior.  But they are good.  Go make them.  NOW :-)
 












No comments:

Post a Comment