Monday, February 25, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies


Can you tell I was sick for a week and out of the kitchen???  By Thursday of last week I was just dying to start making stuff again and was in the mood for some healthy cookies.  There are many days I feel guilty about giving L store bought snacks, as one of the perks of being a stay at home mom is being able to bake and cook and make healthier, delicious things (and...don't worry...I'm not turning into Kourtney and becoming a label junkie and only feeding my family organic, gluten free food!!)  I thought this recipe would be a good one to try.  The only thing I didn't have were the Coach's Oats.  I had steel cut oats on hand so I decided to use them.  I should have just ran out and gotten old fashioned oats because these cookies weren't soft and chewy like the recipe promised.  They were harder.  But L is still loving them up!

I gathered up my ingredients...

...and then beat the oil, brown sugar, and egg.

Then, I added the rest of the stuff and beat until it was mixed.  Doesn't get much easier than that!!

I took my cookie scoop and scooped the dough out onto baking sheets.  I didn't get close to 24 cookies...maybe I made them too big!

Baked for 10 minutes and there you have it....healthier chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!!

As they were cooling, I was dealing with this mess...

And L somehow stole 3 cookies off the cooling rack and devoured them!! Little stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment