Monday, February 25, 2013

Lemon Zucchini Bread

I am dying for Spring!  I am so over winter and ready for windows to be open, germs to be gone, and lots of outdoor playtime.  One thing that reminds me of Spring is anything lemon.  Feeling springy, I came across a recipe (that I apparently pinned multiple times) that sounded yummy-  Lemon Zucchini Bread.

I gathered up everything I needed....

...and mixed the flour, baking powder, and salt.

Then, I beat the eggs, mixed in the oil and sugar, followed by buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
 
The zucchini then got folded in and mixed well.

Following this, I added the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mixed well.

I poured the mixture into a loaf pan, baked the loaf for about 40 minutes, and then took it out to cool.

While it was cooling, I made the glaze, which consisted of powdered sugar and lemon juice. 

Then I drizzled it on the loaf and let it set.

The bread was so moist and the lemon packed a nice punch.  Definitely got me in the mood for spring!

One of my biggest pet peeves is having to put a huge thing of buttermilk when I only need like a 1/3 of a cup.  Instead of wasting it, I poured it into my baby food trays and popped it into the freezer.  Now, the next time I need buttermilk, I have 2T. cubes that I just need to thaw out.  That should save some money at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment