Tuesday, February 26, 2013

We're Going to Disney World!!!

In case you didn't catch on, we finally booked the vacation I have been waiting years for.  I have been to Disney probably 15-20 times over the course of my life, but, this trip is going to be so special as it will be L's first trip to the House of the Mouse.  He's going to go bananas!!  Since birth, I've tried to brainwash sway his TV choices to those revolving around Disney.  So far, so good. 

But, with this trip also comes MAJOR anxiety on this mamma's part.  Doing Disney with adults....I've got that down to a science.  Throw a toddler with a mind of his own into the mix....sheer panic.  Thankfully, I found a ton of great information on Pinterest that is helping to put my mind at ease.  And, I will be sure to report all of my tips upon our return (or during our stay if I need a break from the madness).

So, first things first, we are going to be traveling with my mom and dad too.  My mom hits a milestone birthday this year and she is an even bigger Disney fanatic than I am.  She too has been dying to take L to Disney, so this works out to be the best gift she could give herself! :-)  The five of us will be staying in two rooms at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.  This is by far my favorite Disney resort, and, consequently the most expensive.  We are REALLY hoping a discount comes out in the next few months.  My parents have been staying at this resort for 20 years now and there is just nothing like it.  A few years ago, my mom discovered an even bigger (yet, pricey) perk....Club Level.  This is a great way to stay, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary to stay on Club Level.  It is nice to have concierge services right in your lobby and the wide array of breakfast, munchies, afternoon tea, happy hour (including beer and wine), and dessert all included.  I think this trip will make us get our moneys worth because I'll be able to pack up some snacks for L to take into the parks.


Which, brings me to the next thing I discovered....the Garden Grocer.  It really is a brilliant concept.  Go online, shop for groceries, and have them delivered to your resort.  Since L will still be 2, we aren't required to buy a ticket for him (yay!) and therefore he won't be on our Dining Plan.  But, Disney is one of the few theme parks that allow you to bring outside food into the parks.  So, my plan is to pack up yogurt, cheese, and fruit from the resort, and then I'm going to get stuff to make PB&J sandwiches, juice, and other munchies that might otherwise get crushed in my suitcase delivered so we have it.  The hardest part is figuring out how much we really need, since I hate to see it go to waste.  But, I have time to figure that out :-)  For the rest of the meals, L will just share whatever G or I are eating.  And...did you know, if you eat at a buffet, kids under 3 can eat free.  Score!  I think we have 3 of these planned! 

We have to wait until the end of April to make our dining reservations, so, between now and then I'm going to be gathering more information to make this trip go as smooth as possible.  Pinterest has been a great source of crafty things Disney-related, so you will be seeing lots of them in the very near future.  Because let's face it...I am SO flippin' excited to go on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment