Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Special Valentine

I had so much fun making L's Valentine's for his preschool pals this year.  As usual, I saw the idea on Pinterest and made it happen.  One of these days I will be creative enough to come up with an original idea :-)
I started off cutting brown cardstock 3"x4" and punched a small hole in the top corner.  With my Cricut, I cut out 1" red and pink hearts.
I used glue dots to attach the hearts to the card stock...
...and a silver Sharpie to write the message on each card.
Then, we filled mini snack bags with Valentine's M&Ms and Teddy Grahams and attached the cards to the bags with ribbon.  So easy!

We also gave goodies to L's teachers and preschool mommy friends.  For this, I used two bags of Valentine Hershey Hugs, a bag of Snyder's Pretzel Snaps, and a bag of Valentine M&Ms.
First, the tedious chore of unwrapping all those Hugs.
Then, placing pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place a hug on each pretzel and bake at 200 degrees for about 4 minutes (the Hugs will become shiny but should still look like their original shape).
Take them out of the oven immediately and press an M&M into the center of each hug.
When done, pop them in the fridge until they set.  I had to get creative on how to fit the two baking sheets in my fridge :-)
Then, put them in cute Valentine's Day bags (found at Dollar Tree) and attach this adorable printable with ribbon.  We also put conversation hearts and Hershey Kisses in the bags.  These were so easy to make and can be customized to match just about any holiday.  And, they are the perfect blend of sweet and salty...which in my world usually leads to danger.

And with that, I was also Snack Mom at school this week.  SO, after Tuesday's sugary delicious Strawberry Cookies, I opted for a semi-healthier snack today...Valentine's Trail Mix.
Pretzels, Cheerios, Chocolate Teddy Grahams, M&Ms, Yogurt Covered Raisins, Dried Cranberries, and Dried Cherries make up this sweet and salty snack.  The recipe makes a lot.  We still have half a Ziploc bag (the gallon size!) leftover, and that was after making 7- 1 cup serving bags yesterday, along with L and I both snacking on it.
 
Hope you are all enjoying this Valentine's Day!!  Instead of chocolate, here is what I am indulging in...


No comments:

Post a Comment