Friday, July 13, 2012

CSA Week 9/10 and Happy July!

I really tried to update this thing on Sunday...I swear!!  But, my iCloud has been acting up and since I take all my pics on my phone and haven't figured out how to upload them without the iCloud, I just had to wait.  I haven't been cooking as much lately....blaming it on the heat!!

Week 9 CSA:  Zucchini, Corn on the Cob, Methley Plums, Apricots, Onion, and Green Beans

The plums were fabulous.  So sweet and juicy, I forgot how delicious they really are.  The apricots were equally sweet and yummy.  L enjoyed eating these as snacks.  The corn is getting better and better each week (although G and I are starting to get sick of it!!).  And the green beans were super fresh. 
For our 4th of July dinner, I whipped up some Low Fat Baked Onion Rings (ignore the slight burn, please!).  You are probably wondering....were they as good as a deep fried onion ring?  The answer is "no".  But...since they were low fat and baked, that just justified eating more :-)


And Zucchini....another veggie that I'm starting to run out of ideas for since Greg doesn't like it.  I made another version of Zucchini Bread and this time added walnuts and raisins.  Yum!



For the record...I did NOT make this cake!  We had a little birthday celebration for me, my dad, and G's dad on the 7th.  My mom brought this cake from one of my favorite bakeries back home- Clay's in Berwyn.  A layer of chocolate cake, a layer of yellow cake, and a whole lot of buttercream.  Ahh!


And finally, our Week 10 CSA box- some more apricots, lettuce, corn, peaches, potatoes, and cucumbers.  I'm planning to throw the potatoes in with a roast on Sunday, the corn is gone, L is enjoying the fruit, I devoured the lettuce, and I think I'm going to have a cucumber snack later on today.  Nothing fancy this week.  My mind is gearing up for vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment