Monday, January 28, 2013

Love is in the air...

I can hardly believe Valentine's Day is just a few weeks away. Thanks to good 'ole Pinterest, I have so many projects in the works, I feel like I'm going to be working around the clock to get them done (since my OCD requires me to have them done by the first of the month the holiday falls).

I actually didn't find this project on Pinterest, but, the idea was from a project I did last Easter involving paint swatches and cookie cutters.  G and I took a trip to Lowe's one morning and I found myself wandering around (as usual) and ended up in the paint department.  Knowing V-Day was just around the corner, I stocked up on pink paint swatches.  If anyone was watching they probably thought I was nuts.
I took my heart shaped cookie cutter and started tracing heart shapes on the back of all the swatches.
Then, I cut out the hearts and glued two hearts together (back to back) so the colors showed on both sides.  After that, I punched a small hole, took grey and white yarn in different lengths, and knotted one end so the heart would hang on the yarn.

Voila, the perfect decor for L's playroom entrance (and, magically coordinates with the paint!)

 Love is definitely in the air at our house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment